AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD
The American Red Cross Lifeguard training course prepares individuals to assume the duties and responsibilities of lifeguards at swimming pools. The course provides the knowledge and skills designed
Must be at least 15 years of age by the end of the class and pass the American Red Cross pre-course test consisting of swimming 300 yards continuously while demonstrating the following:
- 100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing propellant kick, 100 yards of breaststroke, and 100 yards of either front crawl or breaststroke.
- Swim 20 yards using the front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a ten-pound object and return to the surface, then swim 20 yards on your back to the starting point with object within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for two minutes, only using legs.
American Red Cross First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer is included in this course. Certificates issued only upon successful completion of required written test and physical skills. In the event a participant does not pass the pre-course test, half of the registration fee will be refunded to the participant. OTHERWISE NO REFUNDS. Certification is valid for two years.
- CLASS #1: March 17-18, 2023 – Registration and fee due by March 10.
- CLASS #2: April 10, 2023 – Registration and fee due by March 31.
- CLASS #3: May 12-13, 2023 – Registration and fee due by May 4.
- CLASS #4: May 22, 2023 – Registration and fee due by May 12.
- CLASS #5: December 16, 2023 – Registration and fee due by December 7.
**Participants must attend all class days in order to complete the course. Anyone who is recertifying must attend designated class date.
The cost of the Lifeguard course is $240.00, cash or check (check payable to Tupelo Aquatic Group). These classes will be taught as a Blended Learning Course (on-Line Course with On-line testing). Participants will do skill(s) check at the facility with an instructor. You will be able to print your books on line. The cost covers all books and materials needed for the course, certifications, and administrative cost. For recertification, the cost is $190.00. Make checks payable to the Tupelo Aquatic Group. If you are mailing the form, it must be reached by the deadline of registration date set above.